FIFA’s arguably third biggest event of the Ultimate Team life cycle is here.
A year after an overpowered Team of the Week rocked the FUT market filling the gap between Black Friday/Cyber Monday and Christmas, the FIFA 17 production team’s gone back to the well, this year expanding the week long offering from a weekend affair to a full week.
Much like FUT 16, a number of the biggest names in the sport are represented and available in packs with special upgrades until Dec. 16 at 1 p.m. ET. (6 p.m. GMT). 94 Messi, 94 Neymar, 92 Lewandowski, and 90 Ozil highlight a very loaded group. Plenty of special pack offerings are sure to follow.
As first confirmed by FIFA France this morning, the only real downside is that unlike a year ago, these Team of the Group Stage cards don’t count as in-forms. That means the One To Watch cards for Ousmane Dembele and Giuliano de Paula won’t get upgrades unless they make a future Team of the Week for domestic (or international) play. The lone silver lining is that with these cards being issued, the OTW rating jump will be even larger than they would’ve been otherwise — assuming the players put together the performances to earn the honor.
The special TOTGS cards are available now. Get to pack partying, y’all:
Team of the Tournaments - Group Stage is now available, until Dec 16! Details: https://t.co/A654UkiPcQ #FUT #TOTGS pic.twitter.com/jRnmRkc9jZ— EA SPORTS FIFA (@EASPORTSFIFA) December 9, 2016
- GK: Ralf Fahrmann - FC Schalke 04 (Germany) - Germany
- RB: Dani Alves - Juventus (Italy) - Brazil
- LB: Filipe Luis - Atletico de Madrid (Spain) - Brazil
- CB: Diego Godin - Atletico de Madrid (Spain) - Uruguay
- CAM: Mesut Ozil - Arsenal (England) - Germany
- CM: Ilkay Gündoğan - Manchester City (England) - Turkey
- RM: Riyad Mahrez - Leicester City (England) - Algeria
- LM: Ousmane Dembele - Borussia Dortmund (Germany) - France
- RW: Lionel Messi - Barcelona FC (Spain) - Argentina
- ST: Robert Lewandowski - Bayern Munich (Germany) - Poland
- ST: Antoine Griezmann - Atletico de Madrid (Spain) - France
- GK: Kasper Schmeichel - Leicester City (England) - Denmark
- LW: Neymar - Barcelona FC (Spain) - Brazil
- ST: Aduriz - Athletico Club de Bilbao (Spain) - Spain
- LW: Dries Mertens - Napoli (Italy) - Belgium
- CM: Joshua Kimmich - Bayern Munchen (Germany) - Germany
- ST: Edin Dzeko - Roma (Italy) - Bosnia and Herzegovina
- ST: Giuliano - Zenit St. Petersbrug (Russia) - Brazil
- CB: Raphael Varane - Real Madrid (Spain) - France
- LB: Terence Kongolo - Feyenoord (Holland) - Holland
- RM: Leon Bailey - RC Genk (Belgium) - Jamaica
- ST: Edinson Cavani - Paris Saint-Germain (France) - Uruguay
- LB: Djibril Sidibe - AS Monaco (France) - France